SCENESTER & PROMOTER
- 1991-1994 Tocadas were live shows where mostly (Rock En Español) REE bands from L.A. would come, all the way out here to Oxnard, to rock out because there weren’t many places for them to play in L.A. so every week they and their fan base would come out to Oxnard and play at “El Padrino” in fact, El Padrino was the first place where, “La Banda Elastica” began its de-fusion. La Banda Elastica is now the most prominent REE magazine. (LaBandaElastica.com) It was all kinds of wholesome fun! Where the lot of us could and would take our teenage angst out on each other in the moshpit and then go have tacos and stuff at Taco Boy after. (We were all under age and full of endorphins.) To us it seemed like we were making a difference doing something, somehow, in someway important but mostly it was just for fun.
- 1995-1998 I’m trained in video production. I’ve produced, written, directed, and edited a Spanish language music television program called “The Joint” at Oxnard College Television.
- 1996-2004 Producing and promoting shows was where it was at for me for quite awhile. The production name I used when producing music events was Royal Rock Entertainment. It was great spreading culture and unifying people while having fun. Loved every grueling minute. Royal Rock Entertainment produced REE concerts, RAVES, and a few English alternative rock shows. Simultaneously writing, producing, directing and editing a Spanglish (much to my professors shagrin. I was very ahead of my time.) music TV show called (’95-’98)”The Joint” The Joint was I project I did for the television coarse I took at Oxnard College under the direction of Dr. Leroy Robinson. The production name I used when doing “The Joint” was Bubbly Pink Doughball Productions. Lots of hard work but those were sure some good times.
- 2007 activation continues though this time just as myself. I gotta say it just came together. In 2007 I had the great privilege of being the brainchild and later the liaison to have Dolores Huerta come speak at Oxnard College as part of Oxnard College’s on going lecture series. I tell you for me that was such an honor and a tremendous covert win because this phenomenal women came and spoke to all these freshly minted wide eyed voters and high school kids who where bused in from all over just to hear her speak.
- 2008 – I participated in my first collaborative art show as a painter “SAKI BOMRZ & Art!!!” and have been in various art shows through out So. Cal ever since. Most recently (2012) my niece turned a publish poem that I wrote inspired by her entitled “Stinky Pinky & Sweaty Betty” into a performance are piece for her third grade class at St. Anthony’s in Oxnard. Now if that’s not a trajectory of positive influential community involvement I don’t know what is.
- 2009: “In the Room” 06/05/09 Bell Arts Studio 82 Ventura, CA
- 2011 “Beyond the Heavens” 06/04/11 Café on A/Acuna Gallery, Oxnard, CA
- 2011 “Labyrinth” 07/09/11 Famous Tattoo, Ventura, CA
- 2011 “Many Voices” 07/09/11 Sacred Space, Hollywood, CA
- 2011 “Arts Most Wanted” 09/10/11 Café on A/Acuna Gallery,Oxnard, CA
- 2011 “Dia De Los Muertos” October 29, 2011 Café on A/Acuna Gallery,Oxnard, CA
- 2012 Received an individual Arts Grant from the City of Oxnard’s Cultural Arts Committee 07/12-01/13 began the archival process of my body of work. Starting with digitizing part of my video archive.
- 2013 Received an individual Arts Grant from the City of Oxnard’s Cultural Arts Committee continued the archival process of my body of work.
- 2014 On May 1, 2014 I attended Carnegie Art Museum College Night CSUCI, the first event of its kind in Ventura County organized and Developed by the Students of the Museum Class at California State University Additionally Carnegie hosted a college art exhibit at the neighboring CAM Studio Gallery. Guest Studio Artist and recent CLU grad, Luis Pena who was on hand to share a 21st century takes on figurative painting. College Night coincided with Oxnard Downtown Management District’s First Thursdays Gourmet Food Trucks at Plaza Park.
- 2014 On Thursday June 5th I participated, as an arts grant recipient in the Artist Showcase which partnered with The City of Oxnard’s First Thursdays Gourmet Food Truck Event All of the artists participants were provided our own booths where we displayed some of our artwork (as well as the opportunity to sell.) Sharing my artwork and actively interacting with the public was a lot of fun. I look forward to doing this event (and others like it) again in the future.
- 2014 In August 2014 I completed ninety-seven individual details (images) for a commission mixed media series titled “Morpheus”, for local artist and renowned psychologist Ines Monguio.
- 2014 In November 2014 I completed two separate calendars called “Serene Scenes” will be added to my catalog of artwork.
- 2014 Received an individual Arts Grant from the City of Oxnard’s Cultural Arts Committee continued the archival process of my body of work.
- 2014-present actively working on a video documentary project
- 2015 Received an individual Arts Grant from the City of Oxnard’s Cultural Arts Committee continued the archival process of my body of work. Completed a commissioned piece I.M. Morpheus.
- 2015 Completed four individual calendars that showcase my original artworks
- 2016 Completed a nine detail mixed media art piece
- 2016 present actively working on a video documentary project